Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So...I'm here. Again. It's been nearly five years since my last post, but I've stored up enough angst to start a new blog. And stories. I know most people who will read this will be The Known, but I feel like an introduction.
I'm a journalist. I work for a soul-sucking media empire and barely get paid. And I used to love it. Now I'm trying to escape somewhere I can have weekends again and where I will also get paid enough to drink my way through the weekends I get.
I live alone on a rooftop house which is probably illegal. But it has a huge terrace and a yellow sofa and it's only me in there so I love it.
My parents were sensible and split up before they drove each other (and me) completely nuts. My mum now lives in Europe and talks to me every day. She hasn't remarried yet, but I'm working on it.
My dad lives 15 minutes away from me with his third wife and the son they have who is my brother and favouritest person ever. My paternal grandparents (formerly known as the Gestapo), live nearby too. They are currently ensuring I don't starve or die in penury.
I have other family, but they may/may not show up here. I'm not big on big families or too many people in one room together.
I have a love life (drumroll please!) Facebook would say 'it's complicated'. I say we're taking our time.He's a badass biker and an extraordinarily nice guy, the kind we wouldn't date as teenagers. We'll call him Manolo.
There are other things I could write (I read trashy love stories and can eat astounding amounts of junk), but there's too many of them and I'm still at work and certain evil people are looking over my shoulder all the time.
I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment