Sunday, May 5, 2013

Out of your way

Sometimes, a girl wants a grand gesture. Scratch that, sometimes we ALL want something extra special done for us, for someone to go out of their way, just to bring us something or just to BE there. Exactly when we need them.
I have a really hard time asking for anything. Presents. Words. Time. And it is something I should work on. Why would you have the lowest expectations from those you love best? Why WOULDN'T you, no matter how busy you are, go out of your way once in while for someone who's important? I'd like to be able to ask for an evening out with my lover. I'd like to be able to say, 'I want to go to dinner somewhere with candles and fresh-fruit cocktails and talk about love and poetry and corny jokes.'
And I don't. There's beer and night outs and lots and lots of love. But sometimes, I want the gesture. I want to be first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment